Monday, May 11, 2009

The Happiest Weekend

On Saturday I returned to Knit Affair and two of my SIL's came to brush up long ago knitting skills, both received a skein of TFC yarn for a Mother's Day present and then Torey started them along their knitting path. I was beyond pleased to (addict) reintroduce them to the joys of knitting. They were both bitten by the knitting bug and were reluctant to leave for the other events planned that day......


After our lovely day at Knit Affair I spent the night (again) at my SIL's house. The next morning I was awakened with a lovely pot of tea! I then began to get text's and e-mails celebrating Mother's Day and then it was downstairs to work! Skylar had also spent the night and we were directed by her Grandmother (my SIL Roxanne) to begin the feast preparations....

This is the spread that we created under my SiL's guidance, Skylar and I worked together on many projects!


This was the major project we worked on Shrimp, we deveined and shelled all these shrimp it was all worth it.


Deviled Eggs from my niece Stephanie's chickens


All the Mom's on Mother's Day


One of the two reason's I was honored... Steven my son and youngest child


Ummmm as you might know my favorite!


Flowers from my SIL's


In this tub is....


YARN! Somehow I have to get all of this in a suitcase and back to Oregon tomorrow.....

Becky is again in Wisconsin today and I'll be getting work done this week until Friday night when Becky flies back to Oregon spends the night with me and on Saturday we drive to Seattle for the Cheese Festival at Pike's Market. This may be the last blog until we check into the hotel as I'll not have the high-speed at TFC Headquarters.....

No comments: