Monday, March 31, 2008

Knitter's Studio

I had a wonderful day yesterday. My favorite unlimited spinning and great company. I started knitting on my Neck Candy, Alexandra made me swatch and sure enough larger needles were in order. We were supposed to be there until 4:00 pm but no one told me what time it was so, we spun and chatted until after 6:00 pm! When I got home (thank goodness Alexandra drove) I could hardly stand up. Early mornings aren't for me.
Now to the pictures I love having the high speed at my finger tips and can post without having to drive somewhere!
Alexandra is on the left wearing her Portland Nights sweater! It took about 8 skeins of regular size yarn and one skein of textured yarn. Buttons are handmade by Sheila Ernst, of course the perfect pairing. Liz, the owner of Knitter's Studio holding "Mr.Tangles" dressed in the Baby Bolero from "One Skein" by my friend Leigh Radford and the hat I'm not sure where the pattern came from both are knitted using 100% Cashmere "Snow", the hat was knit using textured cashmere, not even a whole skein of yarn was used for the Bolero. (Leigh herself knitted this pattern, and the baby hat out of "One Skein" of Northwest Autumn Super-wash yarn and still had some left over). "Snow" Cashmere is one of our most luxurious yarns.

Mr. Tangles with Mrs. Tanglewood Fiber Creations, ME! See how happy I am, up, well, spinning sated, friendly feeling, and truly happy

I woke up early again this morning Steven made Cinnamon Rolls, couldn't sleep through that. Today I am not feeling very energetic after the last three days of having fun, so today is all about resting. I plopped myself on the couch had tea and a cinnamon roll and started knitting while Steven and I watched All in the Family, Stanford and Son and Sponge Bob (not one of my favorites). Steven went off to bed and I continued knitting and watching TV. It's Shirley Jones Birthday today and TCM is showing many of her films, a perfect match for a lazy knitting day. Here is the almost completed Neck Candy

I think I may have a nap and then work on dinner, I'm happy.

No comments: