Friday, June 29, 2012

Hello I'm back

So much has happened and I've traveled up and down the I-5 corridor so much that I truly never want to make that drive again.

Some of you might know that Mary has come home to Oregon and we've spent the last three weeks plotting and planning for lots of NEW Tanglewood excitement.

I'm in Oregon permanently. Mike is retiring at the end of December so we are making all the plans and packing to start the move out of Los Angeles and into the house into St. Helens.

Emma and Don are great, the boys are growing and the farm is starting to take shape. The house is almost complete and charming.

Becky is working hard at Kettle and shaping the front yard and harvesting fruit and veggies already.

Steven is still looking for a "real" job, but also helping Mary and I launch the NEW PRODUCTS.

Mike is working hard to get the Los Angeles house ready for sale, working lots to get the money to get the many projects finished.

Mary is not only working with Tanglewood but is starting to launch her own business.

Teeth are still a problem lucky for the dentist unfortunately for me. My health has come to the front. Mary and I are taking things seriously, so things are changing.

Tanglewood is changing, we are still going to make the best yarn ever and have already started on several new color-ways and are looking for some new fibers!
I have been taking lots of pictures to post on the blog all this time but been so distracted that until Mary suggested (pushed the computer in front of me with a cup of tea) I start so here we go.....

Lettuce progressing at record speed and I got over 4 harvests from each container... you should try this it's easy!

 Note the potatoes in wine barrel.....
 Spring onions from the containers!
 Yukon Gold Potatoes in the wine barrel


 This is a small amount of the potatoes we harvested from the wine barrel
 Roses; it was a bumper crop this year and here are some of our harvests



 Eypi's







 Lavender tea I love it!
 The kitchen is complete here the final shots of the completion






 yeah breakfast cooked inside
 The Jasmine arbor needed to be trimmed as it got out of control and an opossum was living in it



 It took 3 weeks of 5 green waste containers to finally get rid of the jasmine, but don't worry it's growing big time again
Mary said this was enough pictures for now but she says we'll be blogging again really soon.... 

No comments: