Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Week the World becomes very small

Wednesday after a lovely day with the babies I came home and blogged and went to bed. Thursday I woke with a very dry throat by Thursday night the dry throat turned into fire throat and the fever started. Yikes! I made myself some hot lemonade out of the lemons I had brought up from LA
Friday instead of Family Friday with Mark, I went to Urgent Care. I love the people that work there but the people that go there are sad. Not just because they are sick or in pain it's much more than that. This woman was with her daughter waiting impatientily for two hours complaining about the wait. They talked loudly of things I didn't really want to know. Like the Mom didn't know how to spell her 21 year old's daughter father's last name, while they were trying to find her half brother on face book..... sad....
I tried to knit
Not much the Doctor can do for my virus. I wemt to the grocery store to stock up on things in case the snow that was predicited happened and so I could make myself food.... Saturday evening it began and by Sundy this was the scene at my house....
Sunday evening Cynthia (Knitting Central) and Sarina (Moving Mud) sent my their love from VK Live I love these guys. I made yarn quietly
Monday it was almost gone but spit snow all day and the good news is apart from the hacking coughing I felt much better and started to think about getting back into life
Lily is an inside cat, I wonder who made these tracks........
Celebrating the snow I plied beaded Edelweiss
Sunday night I broke another tooth. I called Becky to see if she would come and take me to the dentist for what ever needed to happen next, there was a lot of plans made. I took a pill and was able to sleep... The dentist office opens at 8:00 am so I had expected to hear from them around then. Sleeping off the many drugs to stop pain and coughing, I woke at 9:00 am wondering why I hadn't heard from the dentist then I looked out and saw why....

Even if they could see me today I couldn't get out of the driveway, I saw the snow plow going very slowly down Robinette (which is particularly nasty in snowy icy weather) but that's the only traffic I've seen in several days.
I'm bumming about so many things, but I have a warm house, and lots of good food (soft things) and a furry cat. I've made lots of yarn, and thought (before the tooth broke) that I might try dyeing today, but thinking now that sounds too cold. I will wind off my bobbins and start again to fill them. I'm alone but not lonely! It's really so beautiful and clean looking and I'm so grateful to not have to go anywhere... yes and pain tablets!

No comments: