Friday, June 05, 2009

The Summer of Fun begins

I have no intern this year, Danielle bailed without telling anyone, so sorry.... I've declared this the Summer of Fun which means lots of yarn excitement. It has all ready started, the fun. Today I spun Sugar, I love spinning. I've been using my "Red Stripe" wheel, which isn't an antique but is a very fast and fun wheel to spin on. It likes cashmere the best along with cashmere/silk. I've been spinning sock yarns and yarns for beading.
We've been working with a short staff the last two weeks, Courtney is graduating today from High School and there have been a lot of fun things to do and so she hasn't been at TFC headquarters as much as she usually is. Diane has a new job and is trying to fit in helping me to understand what is going on with the office and where we are in the delivery of yarn. Don has accomplished a lot with the computers and yet there is so much more to be accomplished. I've been having a lovely time making special yarn and visiting with long time friends..... It's good to be back in Oregon really good.... So now we look back to the last ten days at TFC headquarters.......

Mark!!! He is talking up a storm


His lovely Mother Emma, Don isn't pictured he's working on computers and making sad "oh my gosh" noises....


My long time friend Kim and her friend Beau came for a visit, this is the re-hab'ed trailer that Beau rebuilt, they've traveled from Houston Texas...



The weather has been glorious and has brought out every bud on every bush, here is the native Oregon rose that is in bloom in my garden...


The Clements that is in the front bed


The lilies that have just sprouted we will all be surprised when they actually flower as I can't remember what they are.....


The Lupine or "Blue Bonnets"


My new vegetable garden bed


The Dogwood and Rhodie


Some blooming plant I have no idea what it is but it's big and in the backyard....in fact I don't think I've ever seen this plant bloom....


A close up of the huge ant hill in the back yard, they were moving so fast it's blurry


A close up of the Rhodie


A close up of the Dogwood


A sweet smelling deciduous Azalea in the back yard


The lush Hosta in the Hosta Garden by the garage door


Sage blooming


Being a tour guide at heart I took Kim and Beau to Mt. St. Helens, it is 90 miles from my house, in St. Helens and another state away. What a wonderful clear day we had and warm, even though there was snow on the ground....


Kim also taking pictures of Johnston Ridge


Kim and I hiked up the ridge and this is looking down onto the parking lot if you look carefully you'll see Beau walking Angel his dog


Yes Kim this trail leads to the parking lot... well it did but it had snow on it....

it was an interesting experience to walk on cold snow while sweating under a warm sun,
These patterns are rodent holes that were under snow, now making a raised beds...


We traveled down from Mt. St. Helens to the Columbia River Gorge, where these wildflowers were blooming
Bleeding Hearts-Anna's special flower!

Azalea's

Columbine


Here we are at Multnomah Falls!




This is a scarf knit from Multnomah Falls in Merino Angora Cashmere by Karyn Hood, she is getting a $10 cert. for her next purchase of TFC yarn, if I get a picture from you that ends up on the blog, you will also receive a coupon!


More Columbine at Multnomah Falls


On Monday Kim and Beau left to continue their travel, then on Wednesday, Beth came with Shadow and is staying until Sunday, when she leaves I will spend the day and night with Becky ......


But right now the camera's broken and Beth is waiting to have more fun! Next week I'm getting another 60 lavender plants and Tuesday David is coming to weed and plant things. I love David!
I'm worried about my camera it's broken. Meanwhile I'm getting a lot of lovely yarn spun and lots more to ship out early next week to Knit Stop and Knitting Central! Tuesday I return to my Dentist and start PT therapy again. I miss you but keep in touch! I'll be back to town next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Interns! That sucks. I would come help you but.... I just got a 2nd job and it might be a 3rd yet ( got to pay bills you know?). Any how I ll be at BSG Sat and Sunday...

Sheila E said...

Ahhhh Summer!
Thanks for a view of it from your end of the state.
Mark is a big boy now! Cute as a button!
See you soon at Black Sheep...