Sunday, June 28, 2009

Another short stop

I've been in Petaluma for a few days and have enjoyed every minute. I've met new friends and visited with dear friends. I've knit and spun.
This is a sweater designed by Melissa Leapman using Tanglewood Fiber Creations beaded Cinnamon Latte (baby camel and silk) We will be making this pattern available to anyone that would like to knit this in any Tanglewood Fiber Creations yarn


This is Shelli and Jeff's daughter Ashliegh with Wayland. Wayland is being stubborn about making an appearance...


Shelli has been knitting a huge Shoulder Candy shawl. It took two skeins and she bound off with this much to spare


Here is the Shoulder Candy in beaded Stone Cashmere/Silk hanging in the sunshine drying


My sample sock almost completed


Shelli's beautiful rose Bonika


Louis the dog, hanging in the back yard with us


Kiwi fruit on the vine


Another lovely rose


two of the four hens that live in Shelli's garden


Close up of Shoulder Candy


It's summer here with the thermometer hitting 99 today. Jeff decided it was BBQ time and spent the next 4 hours slowly grilling the best ribs ever. I broke out the 18 yr. old Balsamic Vinegar purchased at the farmers market, again the craving for Caprese salad was great. Do you see Wayland there in the picture?

Tmorrow before I leave I will be heading to the newest shop in Petaluma, The Seed Bank. Google- Seed Bank in Petaluma, to find out more about this interesting place.......

1 comment:

Sheila E said...

Oh yum..in every way possible!
So glad to hear that you had a wonderful time in Petaluma.
Everyone looks Great...waiting for the baby. Ah, I remember those days. I loved every minute of it!
Stay cool!!