Saturday, September 20, 2008

Young People Fun

I have arrived in the Pacific Northwest safely. Becky picked me up at the airport and whisked me to her apartment we finally got to sleep about 1:00 am in the morning. Friday I drove Becky to work at 7:00 am and then got to Jan's around 9:00 am. Jan had a cuppa waiting and then it was all about fun. Our friend Cynthia joined us.
I had an accident on the plane and tore my rib cage a little bit causing unbearable pain. So off to Dr. Neil for a quick fix up. Cynthia's been having foot trouble so we both got the treatments. I got a nice hot treatment (Cynthia knit in the massage chair while I was enjoying my treatment) and Cynthia had the vibrator on her foot, there was too much laughing for knitting at that point. Then on to lunch we had some drinks, more laughing and generally had a rare and wonderful time. It was time to pick Becky up and off for "young people fun". We went to Happy Hour in Corvallis OR. and then to the home of the party for some preparty excitement. The manly men were prepping the pit for the pig roasting and another pig is going to be spit roasted.
Adrianne is sewing in the onions and such

Warm fire, I've been in California too long as I was cold enough to enjoy the warmth

Banana leaves for the pig

After a fair amount to beer, not me I like "The Glen" we got to bed and the next morning it was feeding time

He announced that morning had dawned

Breakfast ummmmmm

I'm better this morning and moving a little more freely. I've made all the travel arrangements for the next month, this morning, and now we are getting ready for the party. If you are going to be in Westport CT at Knitting Central on Oct. 4th and 5th I'll be there, and/or Austin TX at Hill Country Weavers Oct. 9-12 I'll be there too. Next weekend is Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival I'll be there as well. Now it is off to the party!

1 comment:

Romi said...

Wow, so cool! Hope you feel better soon. Mwah!