Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Traveling Day

Today I fly from LAX (Los Angeles) to PDX (Portland OR) via SEA (Seattle WA). Erica is having a good time at (STS Santa Rosa Airport) Knitterly preparing for their BIG SALE. I did 5 bobbins worth of the new red color-way (in Cashmere/Silk) yesterday and met up with a lot of neat local spinners, here in Lakewood. I got to see three cute chickens and a nice dog. I plied my spinning this morning and it is now soaking in the sink. I'm hoping to have it knit by Thursday to send the samples out by Friday. We have lots of cashmere in production at the moment, and I ordered more yesterday, 20 pounds more. We have technical difficulties with one of our pliers so production up north has stopped until we find the magic O ring. Steven is taking me to the airport this morning. Unfortunately I have a lay over in Seattle, lots of knitting time! If you happen to be in the Seattle Airport today and see me balling a damp skein stop over and say Hello, or not, you might get to be the one to hold the damp skein while I hand roll it.....
I really love this red color-way the early market research is coming back "the new Newport Rocks" and complex as "Newport Rocks" but red. I can hardly wait to show Elizabeth at Knit Knot this skein as she is all about red, look for my visit Elizabeth! Keep good thoughts about clear flying today. It will be massively hot in both Los Angeles and Portland today, no cool room tonight as I'll be sleeping in either Portland or St. Helens. I had a dream about kittens last night.

No comments: