Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Long Weekend

Wow! it seems like this holiday has lasted for a week. Thanksgiving, Becky and I spent the morning with Emma and Don, then I met with Elda, Becky went straight to Jan and Neil's at Spinning Ewe Farms. Becky is farm sitting for Jan this weekend, but don't worry that it is quiet as Anna and my best buddy Charlie came to work on Friday and Saturday, I love both but Charlie is lovely. Towards the last 15 minutes of their visit Charlie had enough skeining, way enough, don't get me wrong Charlie is a lovely even tempered one year old, but he is still a one year old, and when Mom is busy with the wool thing for two days, well enough is enough. We must have gotten more than 75 skeins done and in the cubbies, who has the fullest cubby? Look for new yarn at Hill Country Weavers, Knitterly and Wild Fiber.....
Becky and Emma looking for Apartments/houses online for Becky on Thanksgiving, you can't see Henley Hornbrook but he is getting big!

Don making tea to keep us all going

Becky and I are going to be at String on Dec. 4th and 5th, then Becky flies home and I go to Knit Stop in Indianapolis on Dec. 7th and 8th doing spinning demonstrations, and a spinning class at Knit Stop. Shelli at Knitterly strongly ("Trish you have to get proper shoes, really Keens are great but not to go to NY") suggested that my Keens wouldn't cut it for foot wear in NYC, and during our visit I did buy a lovely out dress for those visits, and have nice clothes, but Shelli nixed the Keens, here are the shoes I bought in the quickest shoe shopping trip known to man, the hit and run shopping prevented the panic attack I had the last fancy shoe shopping.....

Notice the new shoes here on the shoe rack, the white ones, yes that's right I now own not only workout shoes but three pairs of pants.... it's a whole new world!

I did the tread mill this afternoon, I got my heart rate up! I didn't have time to do all the machines the trainer suggested but I did do a 22 min. mile on a 2.5 grade, I'm scarring myself! I'll go tomorrow and do it properly.

It has been cold here in St. Helens, with the day time temps in the 40's and the night time at my house into the high 20's. All the perennials have wilted and some are last year's dust. The Tulip bulbs are showing green growth, and the Forsythia has several flowers, they are messed up, but it is fun to think about an early spring, even before Christmas. My epiphyllium's are happy but none are blooming. I'll be going into the dye studio this week to do some new color-ways, to have them ready for TNNA and Madrona Fiber Arts Winter Retreat and Austin Knits and Stitches West, yes it's a busy February and it's not even December! Please come and see me at String and/or Knit Stop! It will be good to have friends there..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Protect your little feet, when I was there one year after turkey day it was bitterly cold. Hope yuo have fun!