Saturday, September 22, 2007

Home in St. Helens OR.

Back to the main operation plant of Tanglewood Fiber Creations, here in St. Helens.
I dyed yesterday using the new dye studio Mike built the day before we left for L.A. I did 2 lb.s of Autumn in cashmere, 2lbs in silk/cash and 3 lbs in cash, 3 1/2 lbs in silk/merino all in Newport Rocks. 3 lbs of Autumn in Super-wash Merino, and 2 lbs of cash/silk in Columbia Gorge-ous, which makes 15 1/2 lbs in one day. That is really a good day of dyeing. With the new organized set up and water now in the garage it makes dyeing easier, of course walking this morning is little painful..........
I burned dinner (distracted by all the new fiber and organization I got to dyeing instead of tending my cooking), Mike found the sauce pan full of burning onions, garlic and mushrooms chard, making permanent marks on the bottom of the pan. The smell of burnt dinner still is strong through out the house this "morning after". "Vacation Mike" just offered to go to Muchas, way to go Mike! Burnt dinner smell is actually covering up the "pickle" smell of drying fiber. Dyeing silk stinks just ask Katie!
I managed to get one bobbin done for beaded yarn, and plied two more (silk/cash in NW Summer, Rocks!) before "tired Mike" asked me to quit for the day. Mo followed me around all day laying, with a big sigh on the bed, production room futon, chair etc.
Mike woke me at 6:00 am this morning to tell me he was going to Home Depot (feigned enthusiastic understanding rather than complete lack of interest, although very interested in having a new sump-pump not really enough to be awaken that early) which opens at 6:30 am. He is off to buy a new Sump-pump, and has decided to install it himself, good thing I going to Oregon Flock and Fiber!!!!! Pictures to follow.... (back to dial up sorry)

No comments: